Inner Monologue of Bandit the Panda

Bandit, the rascally baby panda born to Mei Xiang and Tian Tian at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, gives interested readers the inside track on his world.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Dad and Me

Dad knows I exist. This is huge. This is, like, staggering.

I left all these notes for him all along this trash can lid and made sure it was casually near enough to Dad's pen for him to notice it. He's a smart dude (I have to have gotten these brains from SOMEWHERE) and he found it and made enough of a ruckus that the servants finally gave in and gave it to him. Does anyone else have to put up with poor help like we do? Is it just me?

I'm not going to say what I wrote, 'cause it's kinda embarrassing, but the important thing is Dad got my notes! Hobbitbuddy suggested I run up and introduced myself, but it would be so lame if I ran all the way over there and he ignored me. But now that he got my notes, and seemed kinda enthusiastic, maybe he won't mind meeting his son.

Who wouldn't love to have an awesome son like me?

Right?

Anybody?

10 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two look so beautiful!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that your keepers don't want you to meet your dad. Poor butterstick bandit!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

it was long overdue.

i'm coming to see you this sunday! you better not be sleeping or playing with a fox. my tic is for 12:20pm!

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off-love you Bandit!! You are just the ultimate badass panda. Second, I feel that I should bring it to your attention that your father has infact been watching you and your Mother through the mesh window between the yards. Yes indeedy he has! It was captured on security cam,or pandacam, and I'm sure you and your Mother never noticed, because you were too busy wrestling with each other! I must say he looked very sad and lonely Bandit. I hope you two do meet. What with your leaving scent marks now too, I feel it is inevitable. You do look a lot like him! Good luck!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it out, this is interesting. I found this blurb at this websit:

August 21, 2002 (3 years old) Hua Mei celebrates another birthday with three bamboo candles on a cake made out of vegetables and ice. The San Diego Zoo's original twelve year agreement with the Chinese government said that any babies born to Bai Yun and Shi Shi would be returned to China on their third birthday. But the Chinese have not yet asked for custody.


Maybe there's hope afterall :) Unless by the time I read this they're returned Hua Mei? Can't keep up with all the pandas lol

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, somebody was a naughty, badass panda today and foiled his keepers to climb right up a tree!! :-) Way to GO Bandit!! High-five! They made you stay up there all day though. Hope you are okay after all that.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They said you climbed up very here and didn't want to come down. They had to get a ladder to get you there. What did you feel high up there?

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job, climb further up so that your keepers can't get you.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

dude, i came on sunday and you were asleep! in a tree! i couldn't see your face, but your fur looked nice.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom won't let you go. She's very protective. Your dad? He doesn't care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home