Inner Monologue of Bandit the Panda

Bandit, the rascally baby panda born to Mei Xiang and Tian Tian at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, gives interested readers the inside track on his world.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Vengeance is Mine

Sounds like the zoo has finally caught on to the real me. Their blog yesterday called me a "wild child" which isn't the same as "badass" but hey, they're getting closer. They also said that between me and Dad, we could have the making of a "Bad Panda" movie. Ha ha. Ha. Ha. Ahem.

Anyway.

So this morning, as I was on my way out to the rock enclosure to go check out the mural (what is UP with that thing? Does it serve a purpose? It looks like it goes on forever but it's just a big picture on a wall. Gives me vertigo), Paolo sneaks in and starts calling me "Butterstick." Ha. See what a funny guy he is? Apparently, one of the other fennec foxes uncovered a really old picture of me, and Paolo thinks its the funniest thing he's ever seen.


C'mon, what's so funny about that? I'm like, proto-cute or something. But here's the conversation as it went down.

Paolo: "Morning, Butterstick."

Me: "Huh?"

Paolo: [holds up picture] "The boys and I kind of agree you looked like a stick of butter."

Me: "Hey that's not cool, Paolo."

Paolo: "Ha ha" [snort] "Butterstick. Ha ha"

Me: "Dude, you do NOT want to mess with me. I'll get you back so bad you won't be able to show your ears around here for a week."

Paolo: "I wonder...if you looked like a stick of butter then, what do we call you now...Butterstick El Grando Family Size?"

So Ladies and Gents, I give you...

Bandit's Revenge:

Earl at 3 weeks of age:



Looks a bit like E.T. doesn't he?

But see, I never just get even. I always take it one step past the bounds of common decency.

Picture taken from the wall of Earl's den:

Paolo, my friend...

You can't say I didn't warn ya.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bandit,
I am coming to see you! I am bringing 5 of my closest friends. We will be there on January 12th!! Can't wait!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got him good, Bandit. He looks like one possessed little Fennec Fox in that picture (The one on the wall is even scarier).

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. Did you know that the fennec fox is the "smallest of the foxes?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home