Inner Monologue of Bandit the Panda

Bandit, the rascally baby panda born to Mei Xiang and Tian Tian at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, gives interested readers the inside track on his world.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Welcome my Lobbyist

Sweet, I got representation!

Dear Bandit,

I work on Capitol Hill and we are all obsessed with you! We have pictures of you all over our office and watch the live feed every day. I would like to apply to be your lobbyist here on the Hill - especially if you decide to apply for your citizenship and stay here. We can make a new law for you! We will have a Bandit-ocracy (although we secretly refer to you as Butterstick...) What do you think?

Pandaholic on the Hill

I'm intrigued by the first sentence "I work on Capitol Hill and we are all obsessed with you!" So, as my editor advises me, grammatically that means that everyone who works on Capitol Hill is obsessed with me. HOOOSH POWER RUSH!! That's like, every powerful decision maker in the entire country. I really must need a lobbyist if I have Congress ready to eat out of my paw but no one to tell them what I want. Pandaholic you're way hired.

As for the mention of That Other Name, I suppose so long as it is NEVER MENTIONED IN MY PRESENCE then there's nothing I can do to keep you from using it.

I believe a banditocracy might be just the thing this country needs.

Vote Bandit.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bandit-

I am honored to be a part of your team! I will start crafting some legislation asap! I will make sure it is badass and representative of your amazing-ness. All of the lawmakers (and their staff) are indeed obsessed with you. We could get some great laws passed if you could get a hold of some discretionary tickets. A little meet and greet with the Congressmen and Senators and we will be living in the United States of Bandit...
Sincerely,

Your devoted Pandaholic (registered Bandit Lobbyist)

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy, Mei is feeling her oats tonight. Not only did she smack Bandit in the face (twice) she came back later and sat on him. The "sitting" happened around 8:38pm EST Sunday night, anyone see it? I nearly died! I mean she deliberately turned around and sat on him. I think you better be cool Bandit or Momma's gonna make a Panda Puck out of you next.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Bandit on Yahoo with the bamboo in his mouth.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051129/ap_on_re_us/panda_debut_4;_ylt=AgHYwT7PN7UDCCIoIgRco21saMYA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGVna3NhBHNlYwNzc3JlbA--

The caption on this should read "smoke 'em if you got 'em boys".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home