Inner Monologue of Bandit the Panda

Bandit, the rascally baby panda born to Mei Xiang and Tian Tian at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, gives interested readers the inside track on his world.

Monday, October 17, 2005

There are those who call me Tai Shan...

...even though we all know my real name. It's ok though. I wasn't as pissed as I expected to be when they announced it today. Peaceful Mountain. Hey, if I understood what irony was, I might call it ironic, but since I'm only 100 days old, I'm not so up on my literary terms.

But don't you dare start addressing me on this blog as Tai Shan. The outside world can use it all it wants, but you guys are MY PEEPS. So here it's Bandit. Capisce?

Oh hey this is funny. Mom can't pronounce my name.

My sides hurt. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. She keeps honking about how she wanted Qiang Qiang because that was so easy to remember and say but between you, me, and the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool--I can't tell the difference.

Dad's opinion? So far his staff has been strictly "No Comment" but word on the street says he thinks it's cool. Whatever.

The whole teeth thing is proving to be kind of annoying. When I close my jaws they clack together. How weird is that? Clack. Clack. Clack.

Creeps me out.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm...this blog is pretty demented. I hope you folks are actually raising the panda, because if you're not - okay, let's not consider that possibility.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's this anonymous tool posting above? Now that those teeth are coming in Bandit, you can rip munches like this a new one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home